Turn it into a slipcovered thing of beauty with English rolled arms. And in all white, no less.
Here is the "before" of Ashley's sofa.
Here is the "after."
I am so pleased with how it turned out. And look at how beautiful her living room is!
As usual, I did not take any pictures as I was working. I only have the pictures Ashley took of me working at her house. Trust me, I made the cushions ahead of time at my home. The rest of the slipcover was constructed at her home over a period of nine hours with a lunch break and a brownie with ice cream break. Yum!
I started with the Outside Back and the Inside Back. Ashley and I decided that the back turned out the best. Too bad it will be facing a wall. :( I found the outside line at the top back of the sofa as my starting point, and I followed the line with my pins.
Next, Inside Arm to Inside Back. This was the trickiest part. It is very hard to get the curve sewn together where it will not pucker. Practice, practice. I also inserted pleats onto the rolled arms.
I plan in the future (when I purchase the serger that eludes me at the moment) to serge the seams for her.
You can check out Ashley's post on this piece today over at The Handmade Home. I already have another slipcover project lined up. I will be sharing more of the process with you on this next piece. And, yes, I will take pictures!
I would love to know what you think!
Linking today to: